The marina is located on the south side of the island. This used to be the main harbour. In 1927 the island’s first mooring station was built. Before this point, people would be taken by horse and carriage to the ferry. In 1962, the current ferry port was built, which led to the old ferry port being used as the Marina.
- Tidal marina
- Floating jetties with space for up to 120 ships
- Washroom facilities; 10 showers and 10 toilets
- Manned marina office, including a restaurant
- At night, both the marina and the route to the village are very well lit
- Option to connect to water and mains electric from the jetties
- Hotspots with wireless internet.
It is worth bearing in mind that the marina is a tidal marina. This means that the marina is only accessible by boat, during the few hours either side of high tide. The average depth of the access gully is 1.40 metres. It is advisable to purchase an up-to-date nautical map, as the depth of the gullies and sandbanks regularly change, due to strong currents and tidal patterns.
Information on how to access the marina:
If you have any questions or problems there is a 24 hour helpline; Sea Traffic Information Schiermonnikoog, 0031 (0)519-531247 or via VHF-channel 5
Contact details for the Harbour Master:
tel. 0031 (0)6-30010883 VHF-channel 31 email@example.com
The harbour master will be at the marina approximately 3 hours before high tide and up to 2 hours after.